Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Welcome back to me! Yet another dry spell in the blogging world on my behalf -- although I admit I have been spending probably too much time reading other people's blogs instead of updating my own.

And yes, I realize it's two days after Christmas but that doesn't mean I can't cling to the festive nature of the holiday for a few more days . . . at least until New Year's when my attention shifts to making resolutions and vowing I will keep them for longer than four days.

So what has happened since my last post in October? Right now, the most exciting thing that has happened is that I installed a wireless router in my parents' home. This is life changing for me probably more so for them, because now I can sit in the den with the rest of my family and be on the internet without feeling completely anti-social. At least I'm in the same room while I ignore them instead of being in a completely different part of the house.

But besides that, I also found (and bought) a wedding dress! It was the first trip I made to look for dresses and I was able to find the perfect one! What a relief that was. Needless to say, I've been on an eating binge ever since then (don't worry, I bought it only three weeks ago) because I know that I won't have to go squeeze myself into sample size dresses anymore and I have some sort of a respite before the dress comes in and I begin the fitting process. I'll get back on track after the New Year (see second paragraph about New Year's resolutions).

And, of course, I would be remiss if I did not say what a wonderful Christmas I had. It was a little more low-key this year but wonderful nonetheless. John, who is 21 months, was even more into it than last year and I have enjoyed my several days at home with Newt-the-cat. I head back to CLT tomorrow to a quiet apartment since my roommate is having a mini-Grand Tour for the next couple weeks. I imagine right now she is in Rome, sipping some wine and eating some homemade pasta which parallels nicely to how my tomorrow evening will most likely unfold when I eat my Spaghetti-Os with a Diet Cherry Pepsi.

It's amazing how the anticipation of a holiday or vacation is coupled with the sense of despair as it comes to an end. Oh well, at least there are only 363 more days till Christmas 2010!


No comments: