Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two more things checked off . . .

I realize it's been awhile since I last posted so I owe you all as my fellow readers (all three of you) some answers.

Let me begin by saying today was a lot more enjoyable than last Sunday. After heading to Durham on the 11th I had a lot of soul-searching to do. I was absolutely engulfed with emotion when I stepped back on Duke's campus, realizing how much I missed it. However, it also saddened me to think I would not have my wedding in Newton. Having seen both venues it became evident that, if I wanted to have something special for both Robbie and me, the wedding would have to be in Durham.

With these revelations came a Sunday of emotion followed by last week's whirlwind of phone calls, tears to my parents, reassurances by my parents, questions of whether the coveted space was lost, debates about guest lists (already?!), etc. Needless to say, I enter this week with our reception (and possibly our ceremony site) confirmed, the date set in stone, and all of the wedding party notified -- well, almost-- *ah hem*, Robbie, get on it.

So, where and when you ask? The locale will be steps from where Robbie and I met and fell in love. The ceremony will either be at the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club or the Duke University Chapel and the reception confirmed for the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club on October 9, 2010 in the evening. It will be Robbie's Fall Break and I am just pleased that it will be even more of a special day for both of us. I look forward to exposing our closest family and friends to such an amazing place as Duke and am very pleased that it will be the setting for our mutual declaration of love to each other.

Dear old Duke. Thy name we will definitely sing on a crisp (hopefully) Fall weekend next October.

Next up, dress shopping!


No comments: