Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shake Shack's 2013 Custard Challenge

Happy New Year’s Eve!  I can’t believe that the sun is setting on another year.  2013 flew by and I am looking forward to 2014 with all of the resolutions to be broken and adventures to be had.  Speaking of resolutions, I have kept one resolution in my life and, unsurprisingly, it involved food.  Many of you who follow my Instagram account (@thenewtonienne) know that, besides pictures of Newt and other food adventures, I have been inundating your feed with pictures of custard from Shake Shack.  Shake Shack is my favorite burger place in New York and, although the restaurant has expanded to quite a few cities in the world, it made its humble beginnings in a ‘shack’ in the middle of Madison Square Park.  We are lucky enough to live just twelve blocks from the Upper West Side Shack.  The custard is their version of ice cream and, each month, they release a new Custard Calendar, one for each day of the week.  My goal this year was to try all 84 custards – dubbed the Custard Challenge.  So without further ado, here they all are, in one place.  Those italicized were my favorite each month.  And to answer your question, yes, I am now super-famous.

Have a happy and sweet New Year!

January 2013

February 2013

March 2013

April 2013

May 2013

June 2013

July 2013

August 2013

September 2013

October 2013

November 2013

December 2013

No comments: